Monday 8 April 2013

Begin at the Beginning

Today is the first day of my third week of this new eating style.  I refuse to call it a diet since I have always felt diet to be a dirty four letter word.  I hate diets!  Healthy eating?  That I can do.  This is a way of eating that should be sustainable over time.

I do not want to argue over the benefits/dangers of "fasting" two days a week.  It is my choice and I am going to do it.  Am I hungry on my fast days? Yes!  Will I die of starvation on my fast days?  Definitely not.  I can go one day without eating three squares and two snacks.  In a typical week my fast days, which will average around 450 calories, are going to be Mondays and Thursdays.  This week, because of making plans with a friend who is off work on Thursday, my second fast day will be Wednesday.  Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday will (normally) be set days, meaning I will try my darnedest to not go over 1500-1600 calories.  Saturday and Sunday . . . all bets are off and I can eat and drink what I like without worrying.  

I use My Fitness Pal to track my calories Monday through Friday.  It has a marvellous data base and you can input your own recipes so there is no excuse for not keeping on top of my calorie count for the day.  I have also joined a forum for the 5:2 eating plan just for the extra support.  You can find it here: 5:2 Fast Diet Forum.  They have a great FAQ section.

I have started this blog as another way of being accountable.  I plan to post recipes and links to blogs/websites that I find helpful. I love to cook and this is just another challenge to creating healthy meals for my partner and my two boys.  I hope to inspire you and be inspired by you in this journey to better health.  Thanks for coming along!  

No comments:

Post a Comment