Monday 27 May 2013

Menu Planning Monday




It's Menu Planning Monday so here are the meals I have planned for the week.  I know I still owe you some recipes from last week and I will do a post tomorrow with those to play catch up.  

Monday:
Buffalo Chicken Wraps with home made Blue Stilton Dressing
Apple slices
Buffalo Chicken Wrap Recipe
Photo courtesy of Eating Well


I didn't make the dressing called for  
in the recipe, I made my own Blue Stilton 
dressing (recipe below). To save
on calories, I will have my wrap 
as a salad, with lots of extra 
vegetables and skip the tortilla.




Tuesday
Crispy Baked Basa  with Tartar Sauce
Potato Salad
Green Salad 



EASY Homemade Corn Dogs from chef-in-training.com ...You will be blown away by how simple and quick these whip up! They are delicious and make the perfect after-school-snack! #recipe #lunch
Recipe and photo courtesy
Chef in Training
Wednesday:
Carrot Sticks
Chips (Fries)

Not really the healthiest of meals but a treat for my boys.  Corn dogs aren't known over here in Scotland and when I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it. I am following some of the tips and cutting the hot dogs in half, skipping the skewers and using honey in the batter instead of sugar.



Thursday:                                                               
Recipe and photo courtesy
Chocolate Broccoli
Rice
Sauteed Cabbage
Green Beans



Friday:
Crustless Quiche
Toasted Whole Wheat Soda Bread
Grapes

Saturday:
Larry and I have a wedding party to go to tonight so it is just something easy for the boys.  I have some cooked shredded chicken breast in the freezer and I am going to put some barbecue sauce on it and put it on rolls.

BBQ chicken on Rolls 
Crisps (potato chips)
Salad

Sunday:
The boys are eating at their Dad's tonight.  It will be an easy cooking night because I will just heat up some leftovers.  If there are no leftovers then we will have fried eggs with sharp cheddar cheese on rolls. 


The Blue Stilton Dressing recipe is a revamped recipe I found online.  I cut back on the mayonnaise and the cheese and I think it is just as good for less calories.  The trick is to use a good quality cheese for the sharpest flavour, which is what allows you to get by with less. Once you start making your own salad dressings, and discover how easy it is, you will never go back to the chemical laden store bought!

Blue Stilton Dressing

3/4 cup sour cream 
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard 
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon (scant) salt
1/4 teaspoon (generous) garlic powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup mayonnaise (I used Helmann's Light)
3 ounces (divided) of good quality Blue cheese, Stilton, or Gorgonzola, what ever you like.

In a medium mixing bowl beat together, sour cream, spices and Worcestershire sauce for about two minutes. Add the mayo and 2 ounces of the cheese, crumbled.  Mix for another two minutes or so, until the cheese is pretty well incorporate.  Add the last ounce of cheese, crumbled, and mix again until the dressing reaches your desired texture. We like some chunkiness. Chill in a covered container for at least 8 hours to blend the flavours.


Blue Stilton Dressing



No comments:

Post a Comment